Center grove Baptist Church serves Kershaw, South Carolina, and surrounding areas of Lancaster County.

In early 1911, with no organized Baptist organizations in the area between Kershaw and heath Springs South Carolina, local farm families organized a Sunday School in the old Walnut Hill School house. Later that year, on October 15th, Center Grove Baptist Church was formed.

The Reverend Jeter F. Hammond, called as the church's first Pastor, served until 1918. Center Grove's Sunday School met weekly while preaching services were held on the first and third Sunday afternoons each month until 1950. There were 22 baptisms during the first year of the church's life.

Through the leadership of Dr. John R. Jester, Supply Pastor at the beginning of 1950, the church voted to build a pastorium and call a full-time Pastor. Mrs. J.H. Mobley gave a plot of ground adjacent to the church property on which a six-room frame house was constructed.

On June 25, 1950, the church called the Reverend J.D. Hobbs Jr. as the first full-time Pastor.

In 1965, the existing Center Grove Baptist Church building, along with a new parsonage, replaced the old structures. The Sanctuary received major renovations in 2003.

The Reverend Jackie Jenkins has served as Pastor since 2013.

Center Grove Baptist Church currently offers Sunday School at 10 AM and Worship at 11 AM on Sundays, as well as Wednesday evening prayer services at 6 PM.

HOME | About Center Grove | Meet Pastor Jackie | Directions | Contact

Website Copyright © 2015 Center Grove Baptist Church. All rights reserved.

236 Scout Cabin Road, Kershaw, SC 29067 • (803) 475-8835